Personal Injury Lawyers

Non-Injury Accident Kit

Helpful information if you have been involved in a minor car accident in Arizona and did not sustain injuries.

Injury Accident

Arizona Non-Injury Accident Kit

If you have been involved in a minor car accident, with no injuries, you probably do not need a lawyer, but you can use some helpful information about the law. Our kit answers your questions and tells you what you need to do to make sure you are treated fairly.

At the Accident Scene

Should I call the police?
What should I do until the police arrive?
Should I move my car before the police arrive?
What will the police do when they arrive?
What happens after the police complete their investigation?

Immediately After the Accident

Can I get a copy of the police accident report?
What happens if traffic citations are issued?
What should I do after the investigation is completed?
Should I get written statements from witnesses?

Dealing With the Insurance Companies

What should I do if the other party does not have insurance?
Which insurance company should I contact?
What will the insurance companies do?
What if the accident was partially my fault and partially the fault of the other driver?
What happens when more than two vehicles are involved?
Am I entitled to a rental car?

Getting Your Car Repaired

What damages am I entitled to?
Which insurance company will repair my automobile?
Will my insurance rates be affected if I make a claim under my own insurance policy?
What if the other driver's insurance company is to repair my car?
May I select the body shop to make the repairs on my car?
Who is responsible for faulty repairs?
What if the new paint on my car doesn't match the old?
May I insist on new or dealer manufactured parts?
Do I have to sign a release? What if my car is "totaled"?

Bodily Injuries

What if I later find I was injured in the accident?
If I find at a later time that I was injured in the accident, who will pay my medical bills?

Litigation as an Alternative

When should I seek the advice of a lawyer concerning my property damage questions?
How do I proceed in Justice Court or Small Claims Division?


Every reasonable effort has been made to insure the information presented in this kit is correct. It is not possible, however, to address every conceivable fact situation. Additionally, laws change and specific fact situations may require the application of a different rule of law. For this reason, you should consult an attorney or contact your local bar association's lawyer referral service if you have ques¬tions that are not answered here.

When an injury occurs…

Some injuries do not show up for days or weeks after an accident. If you experience pain or other symptoms following an accident, see your doctor immediately. If you have been injured or lost a loved one in an accident, we would like to help you at O'Steen & Harrison. You can see us for free, without obligation. In fact, we are paid only if we win your claim and you collect.